HB V

is older than it's ever been and now it's even older

7/24/2001

And suddenly, everything changes


We got back from the big trip to Oklahoma on Saturday night, but it’s taken me this long to get anything posted as an update. Why?
In short, because being on the internet is a difficult culture to get back in to. During the week, I get on the internet when I don’t have anything to do and I am suddenly in a noncorporeal world where I have net friends, net hangouts, and a net culture to keep up with. Being gone for ten days from that world left me fairly bewildered. I almost don’t feel like I can get back into it – although I can and will, to a degree. Yet on the other hand, I’m not sure my net life will ever quite be the same again. So, many other blogs recently have made entries like this to announce the end of their blogs. I post this not to declare that I’m quitting but to redefine the purpose of Hobbsblog. I am going to continue to maintain it, but I am not really even going to try to keep up daily entries, for the following reasons.

  • I have only one month left before law school.

  • I think I need to read more books.

  • I want to get out more while I still have some summer.

  • I am beginning to hate my preoccupation with deadlines and time.

  • I don’t feel inspired. I write much more when I do.


So, I’ll post when I feel like it and won’t when I don’t. Sound good?
Play this game

While in Oklahoma Maggie and I were introduced to the game The Settlers of Catan, which is a translated name for Die Siedler von Catan, a fine German game. This baby is kind of like a cross between Monopoly and Risk, and I’m told it also resembles Go in some respects as well. Maggie and I are sort of addicted to it now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home