HB V

is older than it's ever been and now it's even older

11/15/2001

Thanks for all the fish


[To: management]
[Re: Resignation]

For the last few months, I've been attending the U of M law school full time during the day and working here part time at night. Although I have been able to maintain my studies this far, as the finals season approaches I am concerned that this schedule is too demanding for me to maintain both priorities to the level that is demanded. So, as of the end of the month, I will be leaving my position as a Field Inventory Systems Coordinator here in Richfield.

I want to take the opportunity to give fair notice and to thank you for the chance to work with D1 for the last three years. Plainly, the logistics department is in excellent hands; Gary and Bob are two of the most dedicated men I've ever had the pleasure of working with. I also want to specifically thank Sharon, who accomodated my schedule and was extremely flexible. I wish all of you well and will check in from time to time to stay in touch.

Again, thanks for all that you have done for me and I wish you and DecisionOne well.

It's over!! Hooray! As of two weeks from today, I will be free of the Dank Basement forever. Now, if only I can get a real live job for next summer. Prospective employers, do not be shy about hiring me for the 1L summer. I will be the best darned 1L worker you've ever seen.

Random thoughts

I think trying cases of accused terrorists before military tribunals is a bad idea. If we claim to have the best government on earth, we ought to back it up by showing that our legal system operates within the context of a rule of law and not concentrating the powers of executive and judicial authorities in the same arm of government. Note that this proposal only affects non-US citizens to attempt to avoid the due process issue.

My sister Valerie, who writes a very earnest blog, wrote this excellent piece on why parades are no fun if you are in a marching band. It's worth a look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home