HB V

is older than it's ever been and now it's even older

9/13/2002

Working to death


Law School's three years are defined, as the cliché goes, as such:
The first year they scare you to death.
The second year they work you to death.
The third year they bore you to death.

There is some truth to this, as I have seen. I have personal experience now with the first two years, and I can say I am now very busy. Working as an ombudsman along with a full class schedule including a clinic (and soon, a moot court) is creating interesting schedule conflicts and not much free time during the week. However, I am managing to stay sane, so all is well. On campus interviewing continues apace, with all of the students professing some degree of anxiety. The job market is rather soft, and many of the 2Ls and 3Ls have perpetually furrowed brows. I, however, have a call back interview already. I will not jinx myself by discussing any details, but I am cautiously optimistic about the prospects. Wish me luck!

The coolest guy in the NBA

Without a doubt, the neatest guy in the NBA was Brian Williams, AKA Bison Dele; a huge left handed post player who was an indispensable part of the Bulls' last championship, who later went to Detroit and did stuff like build a big salt-water fish tank to snorkel in. Dele/Williams never seemed like he actually LIKED basketball, either; which is one of the reasons I thought he was cool; he just stayed long enough to get some cash and then split. Well, it looks like his end on Earth may be fairly bizarre. Apparently, he disappeared with his girlfriend sailing in the South Pacific this summer and no one has heard of him since. Recently, however, his boat was found in Tahiti with no Bison aboard, and his brother has become the subject of an FBI manhunt amongst charges of identity theft.

Stay tuned.

(Of literary interest: a neat little biography about Harper Lee, who wrote To Kill A Mockingbird, which I re-read this summer. For Pete's sake, go re-read it. You have forgotten how great a book that is, and you will thank me.)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home